Get the justice and compensation you deserve for a slip and fall injury in St. George, UT
Have you ever slipped and fallen? It happens so quickly that when you know it, you’ve already damaged your ankle, hips, or back. A slip and fall accident is a common but horrible concern when others cause it. Our St George slip and fall lawyer at Boyack Christiansen Legal Solutions is committed to achieving justice through financial compensation for people who have been hurt due to the negligence of others.
With comprehensive experience in personal injury, Boyack Christiansen Legal Solutions can assist you in your quest for justice. As you recover, we can help you to hold a property owner accountable for your injury. Get a consultation now!
What is Personal Injury?
Personal injury law, often known as tort law, is intended to protect you if you or your property is damaged or harmed resulting from the conduct or omission to act of another. The person who caused the injury or harm pays the person who sustained the losses in a successful tort action.
Personal injury law applies to any circumstance in which the following events occur:
- Physiological, cognitive, or reputational harm: A person suffers tangible, intellectual, or reputational harm.
- Wrongfully Caused: In the legislation’s perspective, the harm is caused unlawfully by another individual or an organization (such as a business or municipality). When you are hurt, the law questions whether the individual who damaged you was responsible to ensure you were not injured. Multiple levels of improper behavior might result in responsibility depending on the circumstances.
- Negligence in Everyday Situations: Often, the law will inquire if the individual who hurt you was “negligent” in creating your injury. “Negligence” is another word for “careless” or the absence of usual care or regard.
- Recklessness in Exceptional Situations: In certain circumstances, such as those involving injuries inflicted by police and firemen while traveling to or reaching an incident scene, the legislation may question if the officer acted “recklessly” in causing injury. (i.e., Did they act with scant regard for your safety?)
- Intentionally Injurious Acts: There are purposeful acts (e.g., if someone hits you on purpose and without reason, breaking your nose) where the intent goes with harm and allows healing.
- Strict Liability in Defective Products: There are many injuries involving dangerous goods or goods that were improperly or defectively manufactured—in such scenarios, the legislation does not look for an unjustified attitude but assumes responsibility based on the fact that an individual was seriously hurt while using the commodity (also known as “strict liability”).
- Compensable Damage: Compensable damages in personal injury are losses that an injured party incurs as a result of an accident or injury caused by someone else’s negligence or intentional act. Compensatory damages are meant to compensate the plaintiff for their losses and make them whole again to the extent possible.
What is Premises Liability Law?
In Utah, a slip and fall injury case falls under the purview of premises liability law. A landowner’s legal obligation for the safety of their property is known as premises liability. Whenever an accident occurs on someone’s property resulting from that person’s inability to utilize or maintain the premises correctly, the property owner is financially liable.
If you slipped and fell owing to the carelessness or recklessness of a property owner, their insurance company might be responsible for your medical costs and other expenditures.
What are the Most Frequent Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in St. George, Utah?
Most slip, trip, and fall incidents in St. George, Utah, may be avoided with proper property upkeep and care. Accidents and injuries occur from faults or risks on the property that a landowner has blatantly ignored.
The following are some of the most prevalent reasons for slips and falls in the area:
- Wet flooring
- Pipeline leaks
- Recently-waxed flooring
- Liquid spills
- Food debris dropped
- Slick swimming pool surfaces
- Uneven curbs and sidewalks
- No warning signals
- Inadequate lighting
- Inadequate property upkeep
- Loose carpets
- Walkway stumbling blocks
Slip and fall injuries vary in severity. Among the most common injuries sustained in a slip and fall are injuries to the spine and brain, broken bones, bruises, or in the worst case, death. A St. George personal injury lawyer can help determine if you can file a claim against the irresponsible property owner.
What are Recoverable Losses in a Slip and Fall Claim in St. George, UT?
Slips and falls, like any risky incidents, can cause emotional anguish, excruciating pain, and an unfathomable medical cost. Boyack Christiansen Legal Solutions can assist if you are having trouble paying your medical expenses and supporting yourself while recuperating from your injuries.
Our attorneys will gather information relevant to your case and utilize it to get a settlement that covers all of your damages. Our slip-and-fall lawyer can help you recover the following losses:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning potential
- Suffering and pain
- Mental health problems
Because the recovery amount is all statutorily regulated, injured workers may be entitled to less under this scheme. For example, an injured worker can claim compensation for five different amounts. They are each triggered by a unique collection of facts. The value of each assertion varies greatly, and those values are established by simply plugging numbers into the specified statutory calculation.
The labor commission in the state of Utah is not concerned with who is at blame under workers’ compensation legislation. They are more concerned with whether the employee was injured while performing their duties. Because they were, their employer is now obligated to assist with their healthcare bills and perhaps pay for the period they cannot work.
What Should I Do If I Have Been Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident in St. George, UT?
If you’re unsure what to do following a slip and fall accident, we offer a few tips to assist you in optimizing your chances of collecting adequate compensation. Provided your injuries are minor, you should take the following procedures immediately after your fall:
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the property owner.
- Create a written record of exactly how the incident occurred.
- Get a duplicate of the accident report.
- Photograph the scene and any apparent injuries.
- Get medical help.
Then, contact a slip and fall lawyer in St. George if you’ve accomplished the above procedures. The slip and fall attorney will thoroughly examine the documents you give, and the evidence gathered relating to your occurrence. Everything the lawyer uncovers will be used to identify who is responsible for your slip and fall accident. They will then demand that the offending party compensate you for your damages.
How Crucial Are My Medical Records in Personal Injury Claims?
For various reasons, you may require copies of your medical records. Health records might be crucial if you’re engaged in a personal injury claim. For example, if you submit a legal entitlement following an auto accident, you may be required to demonstrate that the event, rather than a post-medical condition, produced your injuries.
Alternatively, the number of your injuries may be contested. The most critical concerns in medical malpractice cases frequently revolve around the plaintiff’s medical records. Apart from the legal area, people may want their medical history offered by a medical professional or a new doctor.
What Factors Might Raise the Worth of My Personal Injury Case?
Each personal injury case is different. Nonetheless, the following variables will bear the most weight in determining the amount of your prospective settlement:
- The severity of your injuries, including if or whether you are expected to suffer long-term consequences such as impairment,
- Whether you have insurance (and enough of it) to cover the full degree of your losses,
- If the accountability of the other party (fault for the underlying accident) is evident and recognized by all sides, and
- Your reliability (and the credibility of your witnesses) and how likable you (and they) may appear to a jury.
How Do I File a Slip and Fall Incident Case in St. George, UT?
To have a slip and fall incident case in Utah, you or your lawyer must show the defendant’s carelessness and blame with sufficient evidence. This indicates adequate evidence to prove the plaintiff was to blame for the incident.
Five factors must be present to establish blame in a slip and fall accident:
- The defendant is the person or entity who owned, rented, or inhabited the property during the slip and fall.
- The defendant was lawfully present on the property at the time of the accident, putting the defendant under a legal responsibility to provide a secure environment.
- The defendant was careless with the property, meaning they did not assure its security or alert the plaintiff of knowing problems.
- The defendant experienced real injuries, as evidenced by health files, pictures, and circumstantial evidence.
- The defendant’s carelessness produced or greatly aided the plaintiff’s injuries.
Why Do I Need a Slip and Fall Lawyer in St. George, UT?
Because a slip and fall can have long-term and life-altering implications, a compensation award may include compensation for continuing health therapy and rehabilitation, the value of assistive equipment, and other expenditures.
However, there are barriers to collecting this compensation, which include the other party’s unwillingness to own its faults. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in St George, you should engage a lawyer knowledgeable about slip and fall cases and can discuss or fight your claim to achieve a just and equitable settlement.
These are some qualities to look for in a slip-and-fall attorney:
- Dedication: Opt for a lawyer committed to the situation, as they will undoubtedly do all possible to assist you in getting what you deserve. Boyack Christiansen Legal Solutions has demonstrated its commitment to providing excellent service, notably in legal cases such as slip and fall. Contact us to arrange your consultation.
- Insights of Federal Law: In your situation, hiring a slip-and-fall attorney versed in existing law is the most effective approach. To achieve the best results, hire an attorney well-versed in Utah law. Our lawsuit attorneys are at your disposal to help.
- Accessibility: Regardless of how many other clientele the attorney represents, each client should feel important. Assess whether this firm can provide you with clear communication throughout your session. If not, discover how long the staff generally takes to address issues. When inquiries and matters about the situation emerge, as they undoubtedly will, you need rapid responses.
At Boyack Christiansen Legal Solutions, we are committed to our clients. We pay heed and construct the optimal answers and available options to your predicament. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Call us now!
Call Our St George Slip and Fall Lawyer Now!
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact a St. George slip and fall attorney from our office immediately. Postponing your claim may result in you missing the formal filing date set by Utah’s statute of limitations, as outlined in Utah Code Ann. § 78B-2-307. Failing to present your claim by the required date will make it burdensome to secure compensation.
Get a head start on your claim to give your lawyer enough time to develop a solid case against the wrongdoer. We also provide these services in St. George, Utah, like estate planning, family law, and bankruptcy. Call Boyack Christiansen Legal Solutions attorney as soon as possible!